Friday, January 4, 2013

Tutorial: How To Install Bun Feet/Legs On Your Furniture

Not too long ago I refinished an old chest. If you haven't seen it yet the post is here. I had to replace the chest feet because they were in very bad condition. Fortunately, replacing them was not difficult at all. So I thought it would be a good idea to write a tutorial (for beginners!) on how to add bun feet/legs to your furniture.



BEFORE REPLACING THE FEET YOU WILL NEED:

  • Straight Top Plate (I bought mine at Lowe's) - one set for each foot. Each set comes with one plate and four mounting screws. There are other types of top plates. For instance, if you want to install angled furniture legs (midcentury style) go for "angle top plate."
  • Furniture feet/legs (I purchased these from Lowe's)
  • Drill

REMOVING THE FEET
 In my case, I just removed the screws and rotated the foot until it was completely off.
 


 INSTALLING THE METAL PLATE AND FEET:
Use the drill to make holes for the new screws.



Use the screws to attach the metal plate to the furniture.



 Screw the leg down through the threaded hole.

In my project, I ended up using this bun foot. No need to change the top plate. I just unscrewed the Hampton leg and screwed down the bun foot.

Here is the final result after the furniture was painted:



This was my first time installing furniture bun feet. Easy, easy project!

Link Up Parties:
Strut Your Stuff Saturday
Craft-O-Maniac Mondays
Market Yourself Monday
 The Sunday Showcase

3 comments:

  1. Your chest looks wonderful after your pretty work. Those feet are perfect for the furniture. Congratulations!
    Angelica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica. Thanks for always stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great way to save a project! I would love for you to come link up at my weekly linky party Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. I'm working with a couple of bigger bloggers to feature great projects, so I'm hoping to bring fabulous exposure for participants! http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you are here. Thanks for reading my blog.